Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Take me away.

The fresh, cool sea-breeze whipped my hair out of my face and made me feel alive, though I knew I wouldn't be for much longer. I stood with my toes buried in the sand and looked out into the blue water. The sun reflected on the sea, making it look like there were a thousand diamonds embedded on its surface. The sun slowly set over the horizon, turning the sky into the pink and orange colour of dusk. I knew I had to leave soon, or I'd be in grave danger, yet, I couldn't make myself motivated enough to leave this calm, relaxing beach. I finally decided to just stay, I knew it would do me no good, but at least I'd die with this beautiful scene fixed in my mind. 


The night came slowly, slower than I expected, as I waited for them to find me. When the sun disappeared and the moon finally showed I started to get worried. I looked around me for any signs that they were coming, but I found nothing. I was suddenly anxious, I wanted to them to take me away, I wanted to be swallowed up by their evil ways. I buried my feet further into the sand and waited for my fate.


I didn't hear footsteps or voices, their torches didn't cast my shadow as they came up behind me, they just suddenly took me in their grasp and pulled me away from the breathtaking beach. I didn't resist, but I didn't walk with them. I let them drag me through the soft sand.


We reached the pitch black cave that was well hidden in the large mountainside. They carelessly threw me into the cave and shut the iron bars. It was a cage, I was trapped here, not that I cared anymore. I sat down in what I thought was the back of the cave. I sat there for ages, hours it seemed, entirely motionless. I huddled my knees to my chest and let the darkness engulf me. Drowning me. Taking me away.


They came for me just after the sun rose, and that was all I remembered.    





No comments:

Post a Comment